Friday, August 14, 2009

My first explore

I remember the time I went into the forest in search of the lizard-man. It started one morning when I was a child of seven years old. It was a warm summer morning, a time of freedom and candy. I had done a lot of research on the lizard-man (which consisted of hearing about him once) and decided to find evidence that he existed. After I had breakfast, lunch, and dinner I went to sleep. The next day I got up, it was a colder morning than the one before. I pulled on a long sleeved shirt and trumped into the forest behind my house. After an hour or two I stopped to rest on a rock. I had my quirk gun in my hand ready for anything mysterious to walk out of the jungle. It was at that moment that I saw a dark figure walking through the trees. I quickly raised my gun high in front of me. Perhaps too high, for it was aimed at a cloud in the sky. The creature came closer and closer until it was only a few feet in front of me. We had a few moments of silent study.

"Mom wants you to come back and have lunch now." The creature said.

I quickly lowered my gun, took careful aim, and ran for my life. I only looked back once, and that was to make sure I had taken the right street to get to my house. That was the first explore I went on.

-Dr. VonGon

No comments:

Post a Comment